Thursday, June 26, 2008

km methods cards

Patrick gave me a pack of these today. I'll probably be writing a more formal review elsewhere but here I'm wondering what games you could play with them:
  • KM Poker - Everyone sits round the table and mentions something that no one else has heard in a bid to appear more expert. They may not know what it is themselves. They may or may not get called on that bluff. If you can pull it off, a tasty consulting engagement may emerge. If you fail, there will be hours of email list abuse debate.
  • KM Strip Poker - You play the above game as your budget gets divested with each round. The results are often embarrassing for participants.
  • KM Solitare (it's the only game in town) - A lonesome KM practitioner plays with their cards while everyone else in the organisation ignores them.
  • KM Tarot - You pretend to know what the future holds for the gullible. Gypsy scarf and gold earring optional.
  • KM Snap - You discover that everyone else has the same challenges as you.
  • KM Soccer Cards - Your pack has 80 cards - but 2 sets of 40. You must trade cards with others to get a full set. There may be fisticuffs in the playground.
  • KM Top Trumps - You claim your method is better than everyone else's. There will be hours of email list abuse debate.
I actually think these cards are very useful.

Buy some.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those games seem very familiar Matt. Some of them too familiar!

Anonymous said...

Well done Matt

I know I have played all those games or witnessed them at some stage in my career - it is just that sometimes you really don't know what hand you really are holding until after the game finishes 8-)

Sorry Patrick I am not sure how I will now see these cards when I finally see them in the flesh (so to speak)

Nerida