Sunday, May 18, 2008

boston

So I missed the Boston KM Forum but Jack took to me Popsignal in the evening. You had to pre-book and for a moment I thought we weren't going to get in. When Jack said his name, the woman in front of us (who was already in) yelled "JACK!!! JACK VINSON!!! GREAT TO SEE YOU!!!" - which kinda sealed it. So in we went. Jack got busy with the Wii while I went after free T-shirts from TripAdvisor and slingpage followed by some vociferous debating with the HBSP online crew. Several people offered me a job - but that was before I told them i. I wasn't a programmer & ii. I was only in town for 3 days.

The following day I had lunch with Bill Ives & Dan Keldsen after wandering around Cambridge for the morning. I then had drinks at the Harvard Club with Nat Welch who now works for CFAR and pleasant dinner with Lisa Abrams - an old IBM colleague.

My last day in Boston was spent having lunch with the effervescent Doug Cornelius. It was a lovely suny day so I spent the afternoon hanging out by the MIT campus and watching the boats on the river.

Many thanks to everyone who made my stay so enjoyable.

1 comment:

Dan Keldsen said...

Glad we had the chance to meet up for lunch while you were in town. Hope the rest of your travels are sane, and I certainly plan on keeping up the virtual conversation!

Cheers,
Dan