Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Stalled Or Stabilised?

James Dellow also talks about the Forrester research together with this news from Technocrati. Only someone who never leaves their computer would think that everyone would be blogging in a year (and I leave my computer several times a day, esp. after that unfortunate incident with the catheter).

What really interests me is the level of churn. How many of those 15 million active blogs are the same as those from 12 months ago. The other point to note is that the definition of active is one post in the preceding 90 days. [Do not put Technocrati down as your next of kin on an emergency contact form. You'll be liquid by the time the cops break down the door.]

This interests me because blogging is not just about posting stuff. It's a process, an activity, a journey [shoot me now]. People go through that experience. Then they might run out of things to say. Or they might have learnt all they need to from this experience and want to move onto something else - say fencing or extreme motor sports. How many people have gone through that process or are going through it now?

Hmmm - I said i wasn't going to blog about blogging...

No comments: