Wednesday, October 29, 2008

i really don't give a **** about social media

I'm kinda over it all at the moment. Maybe it's because I'm sick in bed with nothing but my computer for company. But maybe I'm getting a bit over the social media milieu as well. We are actually a very small group in Australia - buzzing each other up on Twitter.

I'm a bit bored of presentations talking about "revolution" and using inspirational stock footage that trigger associations with these guys. This stuff isn't a revolution. Which is good coz most revolutions fail in their aims and end up eating their children. I don't want a revolution.

I'm struggling to articulate these small annoyances. They'll nudge together into something more coherent over time. I want this social media bubble of voices bouncing off the inside of its skin to burst.

I want little moments of insight.

4 comments:

Jasmin Tragas said...

you mean kinda like this? http://gfaulkner.wordpress.com/2008/09/18/what-time-is-it/

Matt M said...

Yeah - kinda like that Jasmin...

Cheers

Simon Carswell said...

Might all be 'old hat' now on the Internet, but what about within those crusty, hierarchical, control-obsessed places called Large Corporations?

Simon Carswell said...

IBM excepted, perhaps...