Monday, February 02, 2009

little links

Earl had a post about this Daily Kos post about this Obama initiative. Apparently this message went out to the 13 million people on their email list. I love it! It seems like a fair bit of push ("plea sell our recovery plan to your neighbours") but also asks people to work together on what they can do to help a recovery. Politics is about "us" not "them*. How much power will politicians let us take back?

So what's happening here in Australia. I think that GetUp is a really interesting organisation. I don't always agree with their positions - but then it would be a bit boring if I did (they are called "GetUp**", not "Matthew Moore's Personal Prejudice List"). Check out their survey thingy.

And then there is the Citizens' Parliament. Which I only heard about because some people I know are going there to facilitate. Hopefully there will be more parliamentarians than facilitators. But the thing is that I've nada about it in the press. Why not?

*in Canberra, Washington, etc.
**It feels like there should be an exclamation mark or three there. "Get Up!!!" as imperative. Yes, do it!!! Do it now!!!

No comments: