Sunday, March 30, 2008

innovative household - masters of our domayne*?

Just before Easter, I crashed was kindly invited to the Innovative Household launch. You can download the whole magazine here. I haven't had time to dig into my copy in detail but it looks pretty browsable. I arrived a bit late (& frazzled) so I only caught Graeme Philipson & Immo Buschmann (you can download their presentations from the launch page).

Now free is good but the whole event seemed a bit of mishmash. We were surrounded by the domestica of Domayne. We had a few Audi cars parked here and there. We had some research on consumer attitudes to networked appliances. We heard (or rather we barely heard due to iffy sound) how innovative Audi were.

Ralph & Ian & Annalie were there so there were some good things - and Graeme was quite droll - but there was something missing. It didn't seem very, well, innovative. Just as knowledge management practitioners can be terrible at sharing knowledge, are those trumpeting innovation liable to clothe a potentially radical message in retro duds? Anyway, Grant Crossley is doing some interesting stuff so I am looking forward to future events (assuming I get invited to any).

*Yes, that is a Seinfeld reference.

No comments: