Thursday, April 03, 2008

awareness & squikis - patrick's response to peak email

Patrick Lambe does something very cool with the final section of the Peak Email presentation. I felt it was a bit lacking as well - but couldn't put my finger on what it was. Patrick has cleverly brought in social bookmarking and created the "squiki".

A few years ago Rojo touted itself as a "collaborative RSS system". I signed up for it and used it as a boring (but good) RSS feedreader. I tried inviting a few people but it was a pig to use and the collaborative bit never really got a look in. The squiki may be an idea whose time has come.

I am now in a bit of a bind. If I ever present "Peak Email" then I will have to use Patrick's section. Can I do that in good faith even if I plaster Patrick's name over it? I hope so because I love the idea of collaboratively developing something with others.

1 comment:

Patrick Lambe said...

of corse yer can malcolm ... i mean matt... (oops 1980s British advert creeping back up from the subconscious).

I'd be honoured. Feel free to adapt/play as you wish, and keep us updated on more developments. This approach is very nice.