Saturday, January 26, 2008

action points - for johnnie moore

And this is the commission for Johnnie Moore. The process for this was just us nattering on Skype for half an hour. Or it is the hours of conversations and personal blog posts that we have had since we met in 2006. Which makes it either the simplest or most complicated in terms of development. Whatever.

Action Points

The Children of Israel
were in the desert.
They cried out unto me,
beseeching me for a display of
my level five leadership.

Have I not given them manna from heaven?
And quails and bread and sweet water
and drinks with nibbles
after each quarterly update?

Have I not delivered them
from bondage in Egypt
and offered them a
land of milk and honey and share options
set at a reasonable strike price?

Truly they are a stiff-necked people
but I am the Lord their CEO
and employee engagement
is a key focus area this fiscal.

I summoned my COO to the Mount Sinai off-site
for forty days and forty nights.
Amid the fire and the smoke
and the golfing, I gave him my laws
and bade him formulate
a training plan.

I bade him write ten action points
on 2 slides of powerpoint
with handouts carved in stone.
Everything will now be right.

My COO returned to the Mount of flame
and team-building trust exercises
and told me of a golden calf
that stood without
the strategic plan.

The Children of Israel are many
and in need of rightsizing.

Get the mp3 of Action Points right now. Feel free to redistribute if ya wanna.

No comments: