Wednesday, January 30, 2008

what do i want to be when i grow up?

Back in September I asked a question about the mission of EwF. And more broadly, I've been thinking about what I want to be doing for the next 5 years. This is somewhat unusual for me as I'm a bit happy-go-lucky but hey, may be I'm just getting old. And talking to Brad over coffee this morning, I realised that everything that interests me is actually connected. So I created this concept-map-type-thing. Unlike most concept maps, it's not hierarchical but you get the general idea. I can see it really annoying a lot of people and it's not 100% complete but you have to start somewhere (click on the image for more detail). If I had to explain what I want to do to a future employer/client/spouse, this is what I would start with for the visual thinkers... (click on image to see bigger version)

2 comments:

little egypt said...

My map would look like your map, let's do coffee and facilitate connecting everyone up through art in relation to sustainability!

PS: Do you think our maps should take in aptitude and actual skills at all?

Matt Moore said...

Cairo,

Yes - let's do coffee sometime. I think that aptitude and actual skills are important (of course) and I would not claim to be an expert in everything here (or indeed much). But you have to start somewhere eh?

Matt