Friday, January 25, 2008

ahead of the curve - for adam ford

This is the commission for Adam - which as you may recall was on the topic of anticlinal folds. Adam created this mind map as part of the research process (I love the references to the statistics and pastry - click on the image for the full-size original).



I met Adam firstly on Barbelith and then in New York in 2000 (where I decided not to visit the World Trade Centre on the basis that "it would still be there the next time I visited"). Adam is a novelist and a fine poet. In exchange for the commission, Adam is writing a poem on the same topic. I'm not encouraging this option with anyone else but Adam gets more leeway than other people. So without further ado:

Ahead Of The Curve

I bet you thought
there were no traces left
by your crime of passion,
that act of creation.

I found a plastic print,
a twisted arch of earth
left at the crime scene.
Guilt-raised ground

gave away your botched intent.
They are coming for you on my evidence.
Your getaway was not equal
to your intelligent design.

Get the mp3.

No comments: