Saturday, July 14, 2007

David Vaine on Corporate Flogging

A KM expert almost as noted as myself, David Vaine describes a rigorous approach to forced corporate blogging - A.K.A. flogging.

Whilst I respect David's work (despite his wholesale theft from my superior research), I feel that he doesn't go far enough. Frankly this is the kind of namby-pamby, please-help-tie-my-shoelace-mummy approach I would expect from Apparently KM.

I would advise:
  • All blog posts must be approved by the CEO after a 3 month waiting period to make sure any risk of relevancy has been neutered.
  • Given the renowned user unfriendliness of Wordpress, Blogger, etc corporate blogging software is better off using tried-and-true "Green Screen" mainframe technology.
  • Employees must only blog on pre-approved topics found on page 73, para 5, line 24 of the corporate blogging policy.

Remember: your employees are out to destroy your business. They must be stopped.

No comments: