Tuesday, February 19, 2008

km researcher wiki

Every so often the actKM mailing list will get hit with a survey request - often from students or staff in academia. Sometimes the surveys are OK. Sometimes they are awful.

It's as though they don't know what other researchers are doing. Or how best to ask us practitioners (and others) about our experiences.

After a full & frank exchange of views with Graham Durant-Law*, I have set up a little experimental wiki. At the moment it has two components:
Ideally I would like this to develop into place where researchers can connect with each other and also with practitioners.

If something like this already exists then please tell me about it. Otherwise make what is there better (because it is just a start).

*Graham has been trained to kill people with his bare hands but fortunately he is Canberra and I am in Sydney.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt you just made me laugh! Great initiative. I'm pleased to see you have "put your money where your mouth is"! Best Regards, Graham.

Matt Moore said...

GDL - Very much looking forward to your input on this - Cheers Matt

James Dellow said...

For the record, I may be partly to blame. Everytime someone asks to send a survey out to the NSW KM Forum list I point them to ACTKM...

Matt Moore said...

JD - so we can blame you. Too easy...